Lest any of you, my Friends and Readers, think that I’ve gone to the Dark Side (aka Vegan…. I kid, I kid… I don’t want any Vegan’s kicking my Omnivorous ass), I have not – I just like their dishes alongside my meat. One such dish is this one, Cauliflower Mash from the blog Undressed Skeleton, another Pinterest find. This is another dish I made for the Potluck with Friends last weekend, it’s delicious, plus… being the frugal person I am, I saved the vegetable broth for another veggie dish. Why waste all of that wonderful liquid?!
Cauliflower is one of those vegetables that I could honestly eat for every meal. I love it, from curried cauliflower pickles, to roasted curried cauliflower, to plain old steamed cauliflower with some salt and pepper, this is a really versatile vegetable. Mr. Muse doesn’t care for it to be cooked, however, citing that he feels it’s “stinky” (he doesn’t eat it period). I tend to ignore him though, and cook and eat it anyway. Why? More for me! Next time I make this, I think I might toss in some chipotle in adobe for a kick.
The recipe from Undressed Skeleton:
- 1 Large Cauliflower Head
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- Black Pepper
- 3 Cups Low Sodium Vegetable Broth ( Chicken Broth Works Too)
- Cut off large stems of cauliflower and chop up the remaining pieces
- Mash the garlic cloves.
- Boil cauliflower and garlic in broth for 40 minutes (or until fork tender)
- Drain remaining broth after removing from stove.
- Place cauliflower in an electric mixer and blend until completely mashed.
- Top with pepper