It appears that I’ve been Tagged by the Phoenix. Tag! I’m it! In the blogging world, this means that I’ve been assigned a meme. The rules are thus:
3. Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them!
- What one ‘need’ and one ‘want’ will you strive to achieve in the next twelve months?
One “Need” – well, I honestly don’t need a whole lot, but I’d like to focus on building up the “emergency savings”. The “want” – building up the “vacation fund” for next years big vacation (Europe!).
- What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
People will always judge… but I’ll step a little outside of my protective zone here and say… love more openly. Those that know me will know what I mean. Those that don’t will scratch their heads.
- What three words would you use to describe the last three months of your life?
happy, sad, present
- What makes you weird/interesting/different?
What makes me weird/interesting/different…. gosh – too many things to list. I definitely think I’m weird and different, interesting though? That’s all up to other people. I’ve been told a couple times in the last month that I live life with a passion. I’ve been told a couple times that I’m not much of a complainer, even when I’m not feeling well, I don’t complain about it. I’m a glass half-full kind of person, but very cynical. Those are a few things that fit the question.
- If you could do it all over again, would you change anything?
Of course, but on the other hand… if things were different, I wouldn’t be who I am currently. And I like who I am right now.
- What small act of kindness were you once shown that you will never forget?
I was towed out of a snow bank by a man who admitted to having had too much to drink that night (and had another case of beer in the back of his truck). He wouldn’t take the $10 I tried to give him either, just told me that he wanted me to make it home safe in the blizzard. Nice guy.
- If you were forced to eliminate every physical possession from your life with the exception of what could fit into a single backpack, what would you put in it?
My Nook e-Reader and charger. My wallet. My iPod, it’s charger and earphones. A notebook. A sketchbook. An assortment of pens and pencils. A change of underwear and socks. A stash of Chicken Poop, regular and outdoor. A tin of “Good Gravey”. A US map and a map of Wisconsin. A toothbrush, toothpaste and floss. My camera, battery charger, lenses and extra memory card. Matches. Space Blanket. Rain Poncho. (I think my backpack is getting kind of full right now… wonder what else I can cram in there?) A good wide-toothed comb and hair bands. Nail clipper and file. I think I still have room in my backpack yet….
- What have you read online recently that inspired you?
Too many things to name. How to be creative. What paperwork one should keep around the house. Inspiration, for me, comes from all over.
- If you could take a single photograph of your life, what would it look like?
Green… somewhere green. Peaceful with energy. Vibrance and light. Probably a wooded area with running water.
- What are you most grateful for?
Friends, family (even those who are cutting me out of their life – maybe more on that in the future), my health, my resilience, the roof over my head and the food I have to eat. That’s the short list.
- What is the simplest truth you can express in words?
Love is. I can’t get any simpler than that.
Now… what unlucky friends will I tag here to get to try my 11 questions.
Drumroll please…. their questions:
- If you were allowed one item to have with you if you were stranded on a deserted island, what would it be?
- Who is your best friend and how did they earn that title?
- Do you initiate conversation with strangers, or do they initiate it with you?
- What do you think of when you look at your toes?
- What part of your morning routine do you think about most often?
- Quick! First song that pops into your head is:
- What animal represents you in the Chinese horoscope and does it fit you?
- What was the first constellation you were taught and can you still find it in the night sky?
- What holiday tradition did you grow up with but like the least?
- Where is the one location you have not visited yet but desire to experience the most?
- You have a blog – what aspect of blogging do you enjoy the most?
I’ll say the same thing that Phoenix did. If you respond – leave me a comment with the link so I don’t miss your answers!