This last week I was chatting with a friend who was dealing with a medical issue and I joked that they were an “old fart” and “falling apart”. They responded that they should get working on accomplishing items on their Bucket List. Given my sister’s passing away last month, I began to ponder my own Bucket List, or what I like to call my “This Is Living List”.
Nothing makes you consider all of the things you’ve not yet done and people you’ve not yet seen (or haven’t seen in awhile) like a death of a loved one. I got to thinking about my list, the grand itemization of things I have wanted to accomplish prior to my ultimate end.
Now, lest you think that this post ends there, here’s the cliffhanger: I’ve asked a few people about their Bucket List’s as well.
Mr. Muse’s Bucket List consisted of: “Whatever… I don’t really have any set things I want to do. I’m just open to whatever comes my way.”
My friend: various things with family and friends. (How’s that for vague? You’re welcome.)
Okay, for me? I thought about this for a while. Well, a few days. But the truth is, my list really only consists of a few things:
1. Become fluent in another language: currently I’m working on Spanish. Hola!
2. Play my trombone again in a band. (Seriously, why does this area NOT have a “City Band”!?)
3. Travel. See ALL THE THINGS before humanity destroys them.
4. Learn to play piano with the right AND left hand.
5. Experience Life. You know… All The Things. Be happy.
Consolation Prize: Maybe get over my stage fright and sing lounge songs.
It’s a small list. Expensive, but small.
At least I’m working in earnest on Items #1 & 3.
What’s on your bucket list?