Welcome, welcome! Let me get your coat. It’ll be in the guest room. Oh, don’t mind your shoes… the cats throw up on the carpet all the time and the sand gets into everything anyway. One of these years we’re going to have to get the carpets and upholstery cleaned… probably after the cats are dead. Help yourself to drinks and we’ll be frying the turkey pretty soon.
How’s the wine? Good! We thought it turned out pretty well, too. Not too sweet, not too dry. Mr. Muse is really doing well at this homemade wine making. Baking bread? You betcha. I might be gluten-free, but that doesn’t mean I won’t have some tasty bread on the table for this day. I even found gluten free cream of mushroom soup so green bean casserole is back on the menu.
Okay everyone, dinner is served!
***Moment of silence***
I believe that taking a moment every day to give thanks for all the things going right in our lives is important. At Thanksgiving, we have the opportunity to voice our thanks directly to those for whom we are thankful. So, this Thanksgiving I wanted to take a bit of your time to let you, my Dear Readers, know that I’m incredibly thankful that you not only subscribe to this blog, but you read it and some of you even leave comments. I don’t know where this blog is going, but thank you for coming along for the ride. I hope it’s as much fun for you as it is for me.
Next, because I know everyone is hungry and I know that the smell of that stuffing is making my stomach growl, here’s a quick list of things that I’m thankful for that don’t normally make the more serious lists.
Things I’m Thankful for in 2014
1. Gluten-free mascara and eyeliner. You may still make my eyes water, but it’s not as bad.
2. Music with dirty lyrics. If you see me driving and singing… now you know.
3. Black leather. It looks good. It smells good. It feels good.
4. Chicken Poop. The lip balm. (Also… chicken poop… because my garden loves it.)
5. Knowing how to use low gears on a vehicle, even if it’s automatic.
6. Power strips. So many things to plug in, so few outlets. Oh wait!
7. Mouse traps. Sure the mice dancing overhead are cute… but they ARE mice.
8. Toilet paper. If you’ve ever sat down and been without… you know.
9. Toothpaste. Morning-breath-of-death be banished! At least until I’ve had coffee.
10. Breathing. I couldn’t live without it.
Heh…. did you see what I did there… right… *points to #10*… you know? I can’t live without breathing. Cause… I can’t… *sigh*
What are YOU thankful for in 2014?