Today I was an honorary Swede, spending half the day with my Swedish friends, baking saffron buns and listening to Swedish renditions of Christmas music. Once I’d returned home, I decided that baking cookies was needed. DH helped me out and two kinds have been baked.
That brings me to the Holiday Get-to-know-You questions. I find these fun to do, so here you go!
1 . Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I’ve never had egg nog actually, so by default – Hot Chocolate wins, though… I prefer “Peppermint Patties”.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? First Saint Nicholas comes the night of December 5th, but he just puts stuff in the stockings. Then Santa arrives 19 days later, and he wraps the presents.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored lights outside, white lights inside (though I would rather colored).
4. Do you hang mistletoe? yes
5. When do you put up your decorations? Decorations are not allowed to go up before December 1st.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Oh, just so many to choose from! Ham, turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy….
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? watching for Santa’s sleigh in the sky being led by Rudolph
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What is this “truth about Santa” you’re talking about?
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Only if we’re going to be gone Christmas Day.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? depends on my mood, but usually with the collection of ornaments around the house.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I love it to start, but by February I’m over it.
12. Can you ice skate? enough to not make a complete fool of myself.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My Mountain bike.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Bing Crosby’s “White Christmas”
20. Candy canes? Yes or No? Indeed! Oh, wait… Yes!
21. Do you feel Christmas is too commercialized? Yes, yes I do.